Sunday, February 06, 2005

But Those Rulings Weren't Supposed to Apply to Supreme Court Justices...

More comments from Supreme Court Justice Alice Robie Resnick:
"My God, you know, I decide all these cases in their favor and my golly and look at what they're doing to me," Resnick is heard telling Sgt. Bill Stidham about Trooper Vilay Sayarath's description of her weaving on Interstate 75.
Shouldn't a Supreme Court Justice be considering the implications of her rulings before she makes them. She also questioned the accuracy of the unofficial BAC test that she took on the side of the road. And of course, look what they're doing to her.
But Resnick, the only Democrat holding statewide office in Ohio, can be heard commenting to Stidham on the way to the patrol's Findlay post: "I'm the only Democrat on the court and you're forcing me to retire."
To be fair, Resnick had a blood alcohol content of .216 when she made those statements. It's safe to say, she was not thinking or speaking clearly at the time.

With that said, I do think there is a hint of a feeling of "I know what's good for others but it doesn't necessarily apply to me" attitude.

A scary attitude to be held by any sitting Supreme Court Judge.