Thursday, February 24, 2005

Another Ohio Supreme Court Justice Hits the Headlines

Terrence O'Donnell is the latest Ohio Supreme Court Justice to be in the news. Seems he had $18,000 in cash stolen from his car.

"I recognize that this is very odd," O'Donnell said in a phone interview with The Associated Press. "But I also recognize ... that it's my money, and I would like it back."

"It's just the oddest, most peculiar circumstance," he said. "One, that you would have that much money; two, you'd have it with you; three, that it would be on that night; and four, you'd be in that place where this would occur," he said. "I don't know what I can tell you. It's just very unsettling, as you can imagine."

He said he's kept cash at home "for a very, very, very long time."

"It's kind of the way that I operate. I have money in bank accounts, but this is another source, I guess, is all I can tell you," he said.

Ouch!