Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Registering to Vote: Why Wait Until You're 18?

Michelle Malkin just posted a voter fraud alert for Ohio on her blog. She was talking about several steps Jennifer Brunner has taken in Ohio that has made life difficult for Republicans.

Even so, I don't think she was expecting to find over 1,000 registered voters in Ohio under the age of 18. The youngest, a fifteen year old born in 1993 and registered in Sandusky county.

On the other end of the spectrum, over 95,000 registered voters were born prior to 1900.

I've been a firm believer that Ohio's election process has been fair and well run in past elections - despite the allegations from the left - and I still believe that to be the case today. For that reason, I've contacted Jennifer Brunner's office and asked for their comment and I expect to see corrections before the final registered voter file is released.

Don't believe me? Go to the Ohio Secretary of State's website and download the files yourself.

Ohio's voter information and election results are very open and available, and because of that, it allows for things like this to be found while action can still be taken. I hope they are.