Thursday, December 23, 2004

GMAC Bowl: Bowling Green 52, Memphis 35

Bowling Green State University won their second consecutive bowl game yesterday, beating Memphis 52-35.

This marks quite a turnaround in the football program from when I went to school there. In comparison, they won two games the entire season my junior year. Urban Meyer and now Gregg Brandon have done a remarkable job in turning the program around.

Keep your eye on sophomore QB Omar Jacobs over the next couple of years. He joined QB's Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich as the MAC's only 4,000+ yard passers. In a league gaining a reputation for the quality of it's QB's, that's pretty good company to be in.

In related news, former BG quarterback Josh Harris has now joined the Cleveland Browns.

And with that, I'll stop my Browns comments before I start, lest this post digress and I lose my Christmas cheer.